Friday, January 25, 2013

Lavender Lemon Bars {Sundays with Joy}


You know those days when you think to yourself, "I've got this!" but then you don't?  Maybe it is walking into a test during your college years, ready to rock it, and then you realized you studied all the wrong stuff.  Come on, where is the part on the heart? I know the heart, not muscles!  Yeah, as you can tell, that happened a lot to me in anatomy.  Good thing I didn't go into medicine.


That was me with these lemon bars.  And like the bad tests in college, I only have myself to blame.  A combination of not checking ingredients before I started cooking and trying to multi-task during (I just had to catch up on The Bachelor!) led to creative substitutions and not the best consistency.  Le sigh.


Consistency/schomistency.  That's what I am saying today.  The taste isn't that bad (actually quite nice, really) and the pictures are beautiful.  They kind of remind me of France.  Not that I have ever been...


Whether or not they turned out perfectly, it is nice to be back in the kitchen.  And very very nice to not be on a low-residue diet anymore.  Hallelujah for ingredients that have flavor!

To get the original recipe (which I am sure is better than my version of 'very-little-sugar-let's-use-honey'), pick up a copy of Joy the Baker's book.  Otherwise, click here to get your standard lemon bar recipe.  Not as French-feeling as Joy's, but pretty good to be sure.

12 comments:

  1. LOL. That is me during my exams! It`s all good! What if honey did work out? It`ll be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been brilliant. WOULD have been. At least they didn't taste bad, if you could get over the eating-rubber sensation :P

      Delete
  2. Ha!! Your too funny! I hate it when I start multi tasking and mess up a recipe! It drives me crazy!! These look delicious:) mmmm I could go for a lemon bar! Maybe I'll make some and try not to multitask while doing it! Thanks for your sweet comment lady;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good! I've got a recipe for these in the new cookbook that I am hooked on that I am dying to try! If ONLY this headcold eased....On a low to no sugar and dairy diet at the moment....And I do NOT cook vegan cakes.....so I might as well just wait untill after the cold and use all that butter and sugar!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renate, you need to do a blog about your journey through that book! Or add it to your craft blog. You are making such great dishes!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh these speak to my soul. I have the book and will totally try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking i've got it but then don't is a daily occurrence for me.... These bars look yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I guess me, too, when I think about it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...