Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Black and White Cookies (Sundays with Joy)

Let me tell you a tale.

Once upon a time there was a fair maiden who soaked up the California sunshine everyday.   Except when it was rainy.  Then she stayed inside her house, and ate all of her mini pumpkin black and white cookies AFTER she made pumpkin puree from scratch, whipped up a batch of brigadeiro for the frosting, and discovered how to make powder sugar at home (true story), but BEFORE she took any pictures.

Blame it on the rain...

Luckily for me, I have a few friends who are sharing their recipes with us.  Why?  Because you are going to want to try these.  How do I know?  Well, I did eat them all before I took pictures of them, right?


These lovely cookies were made by Aimee, using the recipe found in Joy the Baker's cookbook.  Don't they look beautiful?

For a caramel twist, go visit Ellen at Indigo Scones.  She is always brilliant in the kitchen, and this time was no different...



You know what else is brilliant?  Sharana's whoopie pie take on the recipe.  Same taste, different style.  She shares her recipe with us on her blog, Living the Sweet Life.  Looks like her family lives up to the title!


Want to hear the ending of the story?  Ok...

That fair maiden, with her belly full of pumpkin cookies and her camera void of pictures, found out that great friends near or far can be found to help you out when you are in a pinch.  So she didn't take any pictures to share with you... but now you have three ways to enjoy pumpkin cookies instead of just one.  It sounds like a win-win for everyone!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely round up! Thanks for asking me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Love the three takes on pumpkin cookies. They all look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You`re right. I totally want to try these!! :) All of these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...