Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Playing with the Big Boys (My All-time Top 10)

When I started this blog I had no idea what I was doing.  Shoot, I didn't even know about the whole blog world out there...  I just learned a couple of new recipes and wanted a way to share with my friends and family.  There were no desires of 'making it big', no plans to 'be a blogger', none of that.  Just a desire to learn to cook and share that experience with those near and dear to me.

And then my eyes were opened.  Comments started coming in and friendships were formed and photography skills were grown.  From where I started with my first post to all the way to today, a lot has changed.  Now I know how to cook (more or less), can take pretty good pictures (most of the time), and am quite aware that a community exists in Blogland.  And this week I hit my mark of what would define me as "a real blogger".  I hit 100,000 pageviews!  WOW!  I said a long time ago that THAT would be my moment of realization that I am a part of this blogging world, and now I am here.

Really, though, things have remained the same -- my goal is not to be a famous blogger or even get the most pageviews/etc., but to have a place to share my cooking and life experiences with friends and family.  It's just today that circle has widened, because now it includes YOU!

To celebrate, I went back and found my personal Top 10.  If I could direct you to just 10 recipes on my blog, these would be it, but of course, I hope you check out more :)  Enjoy!

(Click on any picture to be taken to the recipe.)

1.  Strawberry Chocolate French Toast

2. Carrot and Sweet Potato Bisque

3. Avocado Pineapple Salsa

4. Tortellini with Butternut Squash, Sage, and Mushrooms

5. Tomato and Ricotta Pizza

6. Goat Cheese and Asparagus Pasta

7. Mushroom Risotto



8. Turtle Candy Tart

9. Pineapple Mint Granitas

10. Avocado Pizza

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome, congratulations! Now I wish I could make that French toast, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It is so easy, and very VERY yummy.

      Thanks for the congrats :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing...mmmm, loving that avocado pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also just wanted to add....
      Just nominated you for a Liebster Award....not sure if you have ever gotten one before. Check out my post for the details!
      www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

      Love your blog, just wanted to pay it forward!!!
      XO,
      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS!!! :) I love this post! I was intrigued by your blog from the start! I`m glad you are part of this blogosphere. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Tiffany, congrats! With such a wonderful blog as yours and those wonderful photos, it is not a surprise that you found a niche in the blogosphere. Here's to the next 100K! And what a lovely list of your top 10 recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful! And congrats on all your progress as a blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! :) Your strawberry chocolate french toast looks killer. I'm craving Sunday brunch like crazy this morning! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...