Thursday, September 6, 2012

Open Faced Asparagus Mustard Sandwich



Dinner.  In 15 minutes.  Start to finish.

You like the sound of that, don't you?


I know it sounds too good to be true.  Trust me, I thought so too.  Yet Taste of Home's Fresh and Easy cookbook lived up to its promise.  Fresh.  Easy.  And my favorite... fast.

Really, it is just six simple steps:


So, next time you are feeling like heading to McDonald's for something quick and easy, instead pull out some asparagus.  It's easier, faster, and a whole heck of a lot better for you!  And I can guarantee it tastes better :)


Recipe from Taste of Home: Fresh and Easy
 
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
  • 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
  • 4 English muffins, split and toasted
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
  • Paprika, optional
DIRECTIONS
  • In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
  • Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warmed.
  • Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
    Yield: 4 servings.
 
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSISOne serving (2 topped muffin halves) equals 385 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.


COST: $8.63   COST PER SERVING (4): $2.16

12 comments:

  1. Can I just have loads of fresh asparagus on an English muffin to go, please? :)

    Beautiful photos, Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! You got me at 15 minutes!! :D lovely pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god! It really is simple and so fast to make, good one Tiffany!
    i'll remember it the next i'm tempted to go to mcdonald's ahah
    p.s.: try the macaron is that good! and yup i'm also on a hunt to find the recipe ahahah my sis has already bugged me to make them ahah
    good cookings dear;)
    Beijinhos***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada, Amiga! I still need to try the macaroons!!!

      Delete
  4. Love asparagus! This sounds like a wonderful dish! Glad to have discovered your blog. Love your vibrant photos! Now a new follower. Abby from manilaspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hollllllly YUM that looks amazing.
    I am now starving and wanting this in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, yes, Holy Yum is how I felt when I ate it :)

      Delete
  6. Your sandwich looks stunning! It looks like it came straight from a magazine photoshoot! (and I'm not saying that to be nice).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...