Sunday, January 1, 2012

Weekly Menu: January 2


Happy 2012, Friends! 

To start off this new year I am going to try to add something new here.  Since I already go through the work of making a weekly menu + grocery list for us, I have decided why not share it?  I know most of the time you will not need it, but just in case you think, "Man, I am so tired and I can't think of anything I want to cook for this week..." well, you won't have to.  It will all be right here.  And for those who don't cook because they never have any ideas... this is for you, too.  The grocery list attached will have everything you need to make these meals happen at your house.  And chances are, you probably have lot of stuff on the list anyway, cutting the list to a much smaller size.  Just buy the rest of the stuff, click on the links to take you to the recipe, and Happy Cooking!

Hawaiian meatballs w/ rice
Salad

Bread & Butter

Penne Pasta with Marinara Sauce  (NO LINK, but it is easy.  You can figure it out :)
Bruschetta (basically, toasted sourdough with chopped up tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt & pepper mixture on top)
Salad

Chicken Piccata with Mashed Potatoes   (NEW RECIPE... click HERE)
*Note- the recipe I am using calls for chicken broth instead of white wine.  Use either.
Roasted Zucchini & Squash



PRODUCE
1 1/2 bunch asparagus
1 zucchini
2 yellow squash
4 small potatoes
1 leek
garlic
1 lemon
1 onion
fresh basil
tomatoes
parsley
4 large potatoes
salad base (lettuce or spinach) and extra fixings

MEAT
2 8-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
meatballs (of any kind; I get turkey)
chicken sausage (optional)
1 lb. ground beef

DAIRY
butter
milk
mayo
Greek yogurt - 6 oz.

OTHER
soyaki (or soy sauce w/ minced garlic)
can of pineapple chunks
rice
chicken bullion
sourdough bread
hamburger buns
penne pasta
marinara sauce
capers
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
garlic salt
ketchup
mustard



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...