Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick Fix: Hawaiian Meatballs

I know in an ideal world I would come home from work every night with a smile on face saying, "Let's get in the kitchen and make magic happen!"  But as we all know, this is not an ideal world, and some nights magic does not want to happen in my kitchen.  Or maybe it wants to, but I quickly stomp on it and say, "NO!  Not tonight!"  It could be because I am tired or it could be because I just don't feel like it, or like tonight's case, it could be because I spent enough hours cooking this weekend that I have no cooking creativity left in me.  What I do have, however, is a bunch of rice.  A BUNCH.  The rest of the leftovers from the party were chomped on over the last few days, but the rice remains.  So I grabbed some things I could put together to go with rice -- some easy things:


Three simple ingredients: 1/2 jar of Soyaki (basically soy sauce with garlic and some other stuff tossed in... $2.79 a jar), pineapple chunks minus the juice (20 oz. can for $1.29), and some meatballs (which you can easily in a variety of flavors where ever you go... turkey, pork, beef, veggie, it's up to you... about $3.50).



 
 I tossed it all in the pan...


... and let it cook on medium-high heat for 20 minutes, stirring once in a great while.

That, my friends, is dinner.

And it is delicious.  So what if I didn't make it all from scratch?  I did make it, or rather, throw it all together and let it cook.  But whatever, it tastes good, my belly is happy, and my rice is slowly dwindling away...

COST: $6.68 (including rice)   PER SERVING (4): $1.67
Throw a little salad on the plate to go with it, and you are just at about $2. 
Sweet.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...