Saturday, November 10, 2012

Disappearing with Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Hi.

I know, I know.  I have really disappeared recently.  And I can't say I am coming back soon.  I will be back, I promise, but for now the posts will be few and far in between.  Life is busy, good, but busy, and so cooking has been cut down to a minimum, and Trader Joe's frozen food has been cranked up to a maximum.  It happens. I hope you will wait patiently for me to come back because, well, I like you.  A lot.  And I think (since you are reading this post) that you like me, too. So, give me a few weeks, and then we can resume our regularly scheduled life :)

But first, some very important things to share with you.

1. October Unprocessed was a success.  Except for that candy-corn dish at work.  Darn candy-corn.

(Year two?  SO much easier than the first time around.  SO MUCH EASIER.  It sure does help that we eat that way a lot of the time after last year's super growth in October...)

2. Mashed Sweet Potatoes.  They're a thing.  An awesome thing.  No pictures to share with you, but close your eyes and taste this: boiled sweet potatoes mixed with butter, a little bit of cream cheese, and a dash of nutmeg.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  PERFECT.

3. Rice has taken up a prominent place in my life recently.  And I used to hate the stuff... goodness gracious, what I was missing out on!

4. I miss cooking.  I really truly do.  And I miss sharing what I am cooking.  I am counting down the days of busyness to be able to do that again...

In the meantime, if you would like to follow along with while I am running to and fro, catch me on twitter -- @tiffanytastes  You follow me, I follow you.  Win-win.

(Found this flower on the ground, outside of the mall, almost getting stepped on.
It was too beautiful to ignore, even in the midst of a hectic life...)

6 comments:

  1. love the idea to add cream cheese to sweet potatoes! Cream cheese and pumpkin is a favorite combo for me so I can imagine that would taste amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better yet, I added some onion and chive cream cheese ;) Just a tad...

      Delete
  2. Busy life sucks. :) It's totally understandable. Don't get too stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the stress part is over and now the just day-by-day getting things done/enjoying the good-but-busy part is here. MUCH better! :)

      Delete
  3. Good thing I do follow you on twitter haha. I sort of love Trader Joe's frozen food, but look forward to your recipes too. I totally made your avocado fries the other day and LOVED them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! What would we do without TJ's?! But really, I am ready for time in the kitchen. Super happy you loved the fries!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...