First stop, Alabama. The highlights?
- Going to Ivy Green, Helen Keller's birthplace (I just realized her head is cut off in the picture up there... oh no! Sorry Helen!!! You are still my hero, I swear.)
- Eating deep fried pickles at the Rattlesnake Saloon
- Buying green tomatoes at a fruit stand by the side of the road
- Drinking lots of sweet tea
- Hiking through the prettiest woods this nation has seen
- Road tripping with one of my favorites and spending time with a family that is near and dear to me
Points to share:
- Stayed at the Gaylord Opryland. OH MY. I never knew hotels like this existed unless there was a casino attached. Which there wasn't. Beautiful!
- Saw Committed in concert. I have been their biggest fans since they were on The Sing Off two years ago.
- Took a riverboat cruise for dinner one night and let the warm air and nice breeze take any stresses far, far away.
- Met Amy from Fearless Homemaker, one of my favorite bloggers. I mailed her a pack of cookies for a cookie-swap last Christmas and we have been supporters of each other ever since.
- Ate the best pancakes on the planet at Pancake Pantry.
- Spent times with lots of friends that I haven't seen for awhile at the convention, learned a lot, and overall came home blessed in many ways.