Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thirty Days -- Day 16: A trip down Temptation Lane

Yesterday I had some time to kill.  I was between an appointment that was finished and another that was not starting for another hour and a half, so I headed out for a walk. 

The problem was not with my walk.  It was with the things I found on my walk.

See, I was not in the park.  Nor was I in my neighborhood.  I was at Santana Row.


Normally I would love this opportunity.  There are so many great stores and a ton of amazing restaurants.  But I am not in my "normal" phase right now.  I am in my Thirty Day Challenge right now, remember?  So as I walked down the street towards what used to be Borders and turned the corner I couldn't help but think of all of the options that I was missing out on.  Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, Wahoo's Fish Tacos...  sounds delicious, huh?  Yeah, I thought so, too. 


That's when I quickly headed into H&M.  No harm could be done there as there is nothing edible for sale.  But one can only spend so much time in H&M when you have no desire to buy clothes at that moment.  All too soon I was back on sidewalk, willing myself to pass by the sushi, pizza, and fruit tarts I passed by.

Why do they need to make their food smell so darn good???

Still with time to burn and not trusting myself to have the self-control I needed at the moment, I nearly ran all the way down to Crate & Barrel.  Once again, no food.  Thank goodness.  Instead there were plates and cups and table clothes and other things that would just go so great with my decor...


You are trying to save money this month, remember?  Maybe Crate & Barrel was not the best place to be.  Finally I realized I just needed to hop in my car and head back to work and wait for Kindergarten graduation to happen so I could help cut the cake and mix the punch. 

Later that night I arrived home, proud of myself that I made it.  I had faced Santana Row without spending a dime.  It was a little difficult, but I did it.  Good thing I had some Prestigio Cake leftover to reward myself with ;)

2 comments:

  1. You write really well. I enjoyed this post! I am your follower now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Purabi! I am glad you are here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...