Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Wednesday Files (San Francisco & Santa Cruz)


Day-cations.  They're a thing.

And luckily for us, we live in a place that has plenty of places we can spend a day out in.  Like San Francisco.

Love lights more fires than hate extinguishes. 

Everybody needs a little bit of big city in their life every once in awhile.  We hit up The Stinking Rose (which is the place to eat if you a garlic lover like myself) and then went to see Beach Blanket Babylon with some friends.  Sure, we all stank during the show, but we laughed.  A lot.


Straight-up-garlic-in-a-bowl.  With parsley.  I seriously need to figure out the right proportions and make this at home.  And then maybe paint a wall like this:


In case you didn't know already, I love color.

LOTS of color.

I also love seeing signs of life, whether they are familiar to me, or not.


Like I said, everyone needs a bit of big city in their life.

And the beach.

I think we need the beach a little bit more than big city, though.


And maybe some burgers.  (Or portabella mushroom burgers, if you are like me.)  With sweet potato fries.  And some to-die-for ceviche.


Give me that garlic spread and this every day and I would be one happy happy woman.  A stinky and happy woman.

Whatever -- stinky and happy sure beats sweet smelling and grumpy.


Oh man, I ate some good food this weekend.  We have been fueling up on leftovers the past few days, but it is time to also get some good food coming up in our kitchen.  Like tomato and ricotta pizza.  Or some baked eggs in leeks and bacon.  It's going to happen.  Watch for it.

7 comments:

  1. I want to live there! I LOVE garlic so I'm thinking The Stinking Rose is for me. I love the windows with signs of life! Ive never heard of ceviche, but that food in that picture looks so good. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Why is it that th best trips always seem ti revolve around good food? Love your cities too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love San Francisco! My grandpa makes the parsley and garlic dip stuff for bread it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daycations are more than a thing. They are necessary! We are closer to SF than you guys and I feel like we don't go nearly enough. The Bay has so many good places for daycations, it's really fun living here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of that, "daycations" LOL. I`m jealous you got to eat such delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my Frisco!
    Michigan is great but nothing like California.
    Love your blog, and I'm your newest follower.
    drop by and visit me at www.theredapronscravings.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...