Monday, September 24, 2012

Leek & Bacon Baked Eggs


Simple and delicious.

Let's do this.


Gather your ingredients.  Yes, there is only five.  Plus salt and pepper, to taste.

Fry the bacon (five slices -- can be turkey, beef, or regular ol' pork bacon, you choose), and chop up the leeks (1/2 pound) and red onion (half).


Chop up some fresh chives, while you're at it.  (Enough to top the dish.)


Remove the bacon from the frying pan and place on paper towel-lined plate.  Cook the leeks and onion in the bacon fat for about three minutes.  Make small wells (2) and drop two eggs in each.  Cover and cook for about eight minutes.


Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top, and enjoy!

Told you it was simple ;)



COST: $5.98    COST PER SERVING (2): $2.99

5 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! And I love that you put the money stats at the bottom. My husband and I are all about that right now. I plan out meals like it's my job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning out meals is the way to go! It makes life so much easier AND keeps money in the bank. Win-win, right?! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the egg on top! :D Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum !! I LOVE baked eggs! Have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried leeks before, but this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...