Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Wednesday Files


Let me share what is on my mind this particular Wednesday...
  1. I am scared of my Sundays with Joy recipe for this week.  I have to make a pie crust.  From scratch.  Kinda freaking out over this... Yes, baking still scares me at times.
  2. I had four students cry within the first hour of school.  No, I am not a mean and awful teacher... they were crying because of outside things (Mom isn't feeling well, somebody was mean to them over the weekend, tired...).  So I looked at my lesson plan book, closed it, and pulled out some feel-good games.  A friend scavenger hunt is so much better for lifting spirits up than finding the index in a non-fiction text.  (Sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do.)
  3. I made avocado butter cream frosting yesterday.  It is... well... I haven't decided yet.  I will let you know after I eat some more.
  4. I need a pedicure and a manicure like RIGHT NOW.  If you saw my nails... ick.
  5. I got up early (again) on Monday to work out and I loved the results of the rest of the day.  Going to try to make this a more common habit.
  6. My feet hit the sand this past weekend (see above).  There were some ukuleles, a guitar, and a whole lot of friends.  It was beautiful.
That's what's floating around my head... how about yours?

6 comments:

  1. 1st. Pie Crust = Easy the key is cold cold cold everything. Cold hands, cold butter, cold water. It will be great. Trust me.

    2nd... I made and avocado frosting. I loved it. It was just really really green. Not an appetizing green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, that's what you keep saying about the pie crust so I will just go ahead a trust you!

      Yeah, I love the color just not on my cupcakes :P But I tried it again today and actually, I love it, too. And honestly... the color is even growing on me on cupcakes. :)

      Delete
  2. Tiff, you can and WILL totally rock the pie crust! Keep it cold, Sweetness... EVERYTHING cold. I even put a teaspoon of cider vinegar in the water (helps the crust stay flaky) and even THAT gets chilled.

    GREEN frosting? Ummm... ummm... let me get back to you on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you ladies have me convinced... I just need to keep it COLD and go for it! Crossing my fingers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany i gotta say you have an amazing blog here!
    It's a joy to read it,Congrats dear;D
    And yeah those cupcakes with the avocado butter cream look yummy!and the colour green..it kinda reminds of pistachio and i love it, it doesn't really borders me
    good cooking!
    Beijinhos**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! ooohh... pistachio, that actually sounds like a great reason to have green frosting! Thank for the idea :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...