Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Perfect Day... (Honey Mustard Salmon)


Today was one of those days...

No, not 'one of those days' said with an Eeyore voice.

It was truly a perfect day.  You know, one of those days.


Sometimes you sit down at the end of the day and you think, "Nothing too out of the ordinary happened today, but I am more than content."  The sun was out (which, as you know, is possibly my favorite thing), I spent some time at a job that suits me perfectly (and is filled with children who love to give hugs), and then came home to see my man.  Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary, no surprises or big news or adventures... but when I stop and look at it, I realize this is exactly where I want to be.


And then I got to eat honey mustard salmon tonight.  If my day wasn't great to begin with, this would have put it there.


I mean, really, how can life be bad when you have this food in front of you?  Yeah, that's what I thought... it's pretty much impossible.


Recipe adapted from Everyday Food, September 2012 (Not up on the website YET)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 medium yellow onion, sliced and rounds separated
  • 1 lb. salmon, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed off
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.  Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  2. Mix honey, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and some salt and pepper together to create a vinaigrette.  Mix 1/3 of the vinaigrette with the onions and spread on baking sheet.  Bake for 5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, remove 1 Tablespoon of remaining vinaigrette and set aside in medium bowl (to mix with green beans later).  Mix bread crumbs with the rest of the vinaigrette.  
  4. Pull onions out of oven when five minutes is up, and place salmon pieces on top of onions.  Then, cover with the breadcrumb mixture.  Place baking tray back into oven and bake for seven minutes until fish is cooked.  Bread crumbs should be lightly golden brown.
  5. Meanwhile, boil salted water and drop green beans in, cooking for about four minutes.  Drain green beans and mix with the vinaigrette that was set aside in the medium bowl.
  6. Serve onions and green beans together, and salmon on the side.  Enjoy!

COST: $11.55   Cost per serving (says 4, but we got 3): $3.85

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I love salmon (and fish in general). I think I could eat salmon every day and never get tired of it. I'll try your mustard sauce soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salmon looks fantastic! I love honey mustard!

    And yep, I totally get that content filling. Especially when it's sunny out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment above was totally NOT meant to be removed... and accidental click :( So, this is what my dear friend Larry had to say:

    Awesome dinner! Thanks for the recipe.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...