Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies -- An American Treat (Receita em portugues)


I have a little friend.  He is not just little, he is very little.  Two-months-old-little.  And he is the first American in his family.  Being the good auntie that I am, I told his mom that I needed to teach her how to make chocolate chip cookies, because Baby B would need them someday.  He is American, after all, and American children (and adults) love chocolate chip cookies.  His mom was all over it.  She had taught me how to make Brazilian chocolate and coconut cake for my husband, so now it was time for me to teach her how to make the true American cookie.


Dani getting to work on the cookie dough. 
(You won't see me in any of the pictures, I am behind the camera and barking orders.)

Ahh... the best part of baking!
Waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven...
Cookies are done.  Time to try them with milk!  (Is there anything more American than cookies and milk?  I mean, besides apple pie?)
Baby, I know you can't eat it yet, but someday you will be so grateful Tia Tiffany gave your Mamae this lesson.  Trust me.

And then, of course, I had to take pictures of our cookies.  (Surprised?  Nah...)




Receita (in Portuguese, because I know all you who can read English know how to make these... time to spread the love around!  However, on the off chance you do need the recipe, CLICK HERE.)

(And, by the way, since I am in the October Unprocessed challenge, I used unbleached flour and organic/raw sugar.  Tasted excellent.)

Ingredientes
2 1/4 xicaras de farinha de trigo
1 colher de cha de bicarbonato de sodio
1 colher de cha de sal
1 xicara de manteiga amolecida
3/4 xicara de acucar granulado
3/4 xicara de acucar mascavo
1 colher de cha de essencia de baunilha
2 ovos grandes
2 xicaras de pedacinhos de chocolate (gotas de chocolate)


Instrucoes
Pre-aqueca o forno a 190C.

Misture a farinha, o bicarbonato eo sal numa tigela pequena.  Bata a manteiga, os acucars, ea baunilha em uma tigela grande, mistura ate ficar cremoso.  Adicione os ovos, um de cada vez, batendo bem cada vez.  Gradualmente adicione a mixtura da farinha na tigela principal .  Mexendo bem.  Adicione os pedacinhos de chocolate.  Faca bolinhas do tomanho de brigadeiro e ponha na assideira.  Use aporcao de uma colher de sopa como referencia.  Deixe tres dedos de distancia para cada bolinha.

Asse por 9-11 minutos ou ate dourar. 

Esta receita faz 30 cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Your nephew is a doll! And my boys would agree that all American children need to be exposed to chocolate chip cookies...over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a cutie pie! He will surely appreciate a good cookie when he can chew! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip cookies are a must for everyone! They look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...