Monday, May 16, 2011

The time has begun. Goodbye dinners out, hello super planning!

What did I do this weekend?  I ate out. 


Of course, there was a whole bunch of other stuff thrown in (trip to the beach, visiting new places, so on and so forth), but when you are on a mini-vacation/three day weekend trip, that is what you do.


It is one of the joys of taking a trip -- although I am enjoying my new hobby of cooking, I also enjoy taking a break from it! 



But today IT started.  This morning I woke up, realized I had nothing in my cupboards (due to the long weekend out of town) while simultaneously realizing that, no, I cannot just grab a bite on my way to work.  Digging back a little further in the empty cereal cupboard I found some instant oatmeal -- fruit flavored.  The only problem was I have already eaten all the flavors I already like.  Which is why the box was shoved back into the abyss in the first place.  Oh well.  Strawberry oatmeal it was.  It wasn't as bad as I expected (although it can't hold a candle to peaches and cream). 

I still have no food in my cupboards (well, NO FOOD would be an exaggeration, but the right stuff to make a meal?  Yeah, not so much...) and I am tired and it is rainy and all I want to do is sleep.  But I will not!  It is only Day 1.  I will succeed!

Besides, I don't really have the option to fail.  Over 80 people read my post about my super plan.  Eighty.  Accountability -- it is the thing that will make this work for me.  Failing in front of myself is one thing; failing in front of 80 people, not going to happen.  (It also helps that Heidi and Fam are joining me.  Thank you, Friend, for stepping up to the challenge!)

Thirty days without spending money on anything extra food-wise?  Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. way to go Tiff! and....to answer your request...(the cherry on top was a nice touch!) But...I'm just feeling uninspired in the way of words...I'm working on making a come back though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Because I need it. I love all the blogs I read, get great laughs and see people grow and whatnot... it is all good. But yours inspires me. Everytime I open it I leave feeling happier. So, go find your inspiration and hop back on that horse! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...