Saturday, March 10, 2012

Him & Her: The anatomy of a couple


My husband and I are an "us".  And I love that.  Together we are a young couple, enjoying life and sunshine.  We are a family -- a little family, but a family.

But we are also two individuals.  There's him --

and there's me --


Notice how incredibly cool his list is.  Surfer?  Drummer?  These two words scream, 'Not boring!'  (And that stuffed snake around his neck?  It was handed to him by a five year old, and he was very obliging.)

My list, however, is a bit different. 

Reader.  Writer.  Photo-taker.  Not quite in the same category as surfer, huh? 

Oh well.  I am cool by my own right.  It just doesn't look like that on paper.  Good thing paper doesn't define me.

At least we have the last one in common.  Being a goofball trumps them all.  And we are so darn good at it!

Sometimes we switch rolls, though.  Like last summer when I  tried, and succeeded, at getting up on the surfboard.  Need proof?


I look I am going fall over, huh?  That's because I did right after this picture was taken.  But I don't care.  I am up.  On a surfboard.  Am I a surfer?  No way.  But I can surf...

This past weekend my husband tried on one of my hats and made some pizza.  Luckily for him the dough was already made by our friend and all he had to do was roll it out and put toppings on it.  Still, he did it!


Is he a cook?  No way.  But he can cook...

Way back when we were first dating, like first dating (maybe 1 week into it) I was in his mom's kitchen making soup with her (BTW, I was staying with his family in Brazil when we started dating.  We joke around that his mom fell in love with me before he did, but I think it really is true...).  I needed some onions to be chopped and so I asked him to come in to do it, and he did.  I didn't think much of it until his mom said, "Eh necessario uma americana para fazer um brasileiro ir para a cozinha."   (It takes an American woman to get a Brazilian man into the kitchen.)  HA!


This time it wasn't an American woman but an American friend that got him in there.  But look at him!  He is like a pro!  Sure, he had some help, but so did I with the surfing.  And I must say, Caleb's dough with Paulo's toppings made a great pizza. 

Looks like we are rubbing off on each other...

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Such a beautiful and fun post!! I love that you both are goofballs...I think that it is so important in a marriage that you don't take yourself too seriously.
    And LOL at his mom's comment about you getting him in the kitchen :-)
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Tiffany. Not to sound too cheesy here, but I really do enjoy watching you and Paulo on the road of life together. So sweet. And yes, your'e a total goofball and I love that about you! And so happy that you found a he-goofball to goof off with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post! I love the photo of you surfing - I really doubt I would have been able to stand up for even one second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally can! You just need to try it and have a lot of patience with yourself... and then have the ability to laugh at yourself FREQUENTLY ;)

      Delete
  4. This is great writing, Tifffany. I love that you are so vulnerable & expressive in your blogs. And yeah for a man that will step into the kitchen. You found a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this post Tiffany.....My hubby is a drummer too:) THank you so so so much for your kind, wonderful comment on my blog last night. I am so grateful for the support!!!

    xoxoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! What a great reflection of two people joining their individuality into a marriage. I agree, goofball definitely trumps all ~ I'm thankful that I have a marriage made up of two goofballs as well! ;) And I have to tell you, I think your list looks great on paper.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...