Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Making of a Bride (Houston, Texas)

I have seriously disappeared, I know.  I have a good reason, I promise...


Isn't that a beautiful dress?  Wait until you see the girl who went in it...




Maybe you remember the engagement pictures I shared a few months back, maybe you don't.  Being asked to take the engagement pictures was an honor, but being a part of the wedding day is much more special!  I was a bridesmaid AND I had the privilege of taking the "before" pictures.





Hair is done, card has been written and delivered to the groom, and it is time for make-up...




Querubia's mother passed away a couple of years ago and her father was unable to get a visa from Brazil in time to come to the wedding, but her sister was there to share the day with her.  I was blessed to be able to witness many special moments between them during the few days I was there, like this one.


Despite many loved ones so far away, she was not alone.  About 200 people were in attendance and over 200 people watched the wedding via the internet in Brazil.  Two of her bridesmaids came straight from Brazil, two came from New Jersey, and four came from California.  She is well loved and well supported.  What a great send off into a new life!


But if you knew her, you wouldn't be surprised.  Not only is she stunning on the outside, but she is on the inside as well.  I have never cried as many tears at any wedding as I did at this one.  Everything was beautiful, from the bride down to the dress, the vows, and everything in between.   

(Four of the eight bridesmaids, ready to help her finish up and send her on her way!)
So, yes, I was gone.  But I told you had a good reason ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...