Monday, April 2, 2012

Love, Coconuts, and Small Bikinis... (Ubatuba, Brazil)


Whew!  What a whirlwind these past two weeks were!  Traveling, visiting family and friends, eating (and then eating again), and taking in all we could while we had it available... sounds like Brasil 2012 was a success, right?  RIGHT!

Now comes one of everybody's favorite parts of their trip -- sharing it with others.  (Whether or not it is everybody else's favorite part is another story...)  Today I started the task of going through 3,000+ pictures -- I kid you not -- and I realized that I will not be able to share all of the ones I would like to share in one post.  Instead, I am breaking them down into the four main cities we spent time in: Ubatuba, Paraty, Rio de Janeiro, and Ribeirao Preto.  I figure this is better than asking your poor computer to try to load 70 at one time.  See, I am all about making life easier for you.  I try to be nice like that ;)


Ubatuba -- a place very near and dear to my heart.  It was in this city that my husband and I first expressed feelings for each other and later got engaged.  You can see why it is a priority to us to come back here as often as possible.  Not to mention it is breathtakingly beautiful. 




Of course, there is more to this little city on the beach than sand and water.  There is good ol', everyday Brazilian life here, too. 











Want my honest opinion?  This is one of my favorite spots in the world and definitely my favorite spot in Brazil.  Small town life mixed with salt in the air and sand between your toes, surrounded by the lush Atlantic Rain Forest.  This is the kind of life I was created for. But weren't we all?






See that boat right there?  We went out on a boat one day (a speed boat) and stopped by this fishing boat and bought fish, right from the ocean.  Talk about fresh. 

So, if we ever disappear and you are wondering where we might have run away to, this might be a good place to start looking. 







8 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures!!! all that gelato looks amazing.
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany! Amazing post! Happy to know you enjoyed so much your trip!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, LOVE the photos ~ everything about your trip looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, so much Prestigio! I just shed a tear of saudade. I love that the vendors pose for you. I was too embarrassed to ask them for a picture when I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO miss Ubatuba right now! It looks like you had an amazing time, pictures are stunning Tiffany. Thanks for eating shrimp skewers for me dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing that stands out to me about those pictures is the richness of the colors. Lovely! I'll have to put Ubatuba on my list of places to visit, someday, when I make my way down to the southeast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to reply to each of you, but it won't let me. So I will do one big one here:

    Jes, the gelato WAS amazing. My favorite? Ferrero Rocher. Yummmm!

    Lulu, thank you for you support and encouragement throughout my entire trip! I am happy to have you as a friend in this blog world -- and would love to someday make that a real friendship if we are ever nearby!!!

    Ana - I think it helps that I have a big ol' camera and they think I am the papparazi ;) Yes, Prestigio... but we have a Brazilian store here near my house, you will have to come visit someday and we will eat Prestigio :)

    Amanda, I did as I promised, and they were AMAZING. I am missing Ubatuba already, so I know yours is stronger... you must go back someday and then show the world your amazing photography :)

    Katie, Danielle, and Brasilicana... Thanks! I put my heart into this time and I think it paid off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to go to Brazil. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...