Monday, November 11, 2013

Give Thanks + A Maple Brown Sugar Pumpkin Roll


Can you believe I lived my entire life -- all 30 years -- without ever once having a slice of pumpkin roll? Yeah. But I fixed that this weekend.

Oh. My. Goodness.

How did I not know about this? Well, whatever the reason, that will never happen again.

This recipe is from my friend Carrie over at Bakeaholic Mama.  If you like pumpkin you will LOVE her blog. She did "30 Days of Pumpkin" during the month of October, and if this is an indicator of the taste for the other recipes, then you can't go wrong...

And now, let's give a little thanks :)

Day 6: I am grateful for all of the parents who entrust their children to me each day. For without these kids my life would be missing a whole lot of laughter, hugs, and growth (both in them and in me).


Day 7: I am thankful for my mom, whose great life lessons have stuck with me throughout the years: don't put socks in the microwave to dry quickly, for they will catch on fire; you need not feel ashamed when you eat an entire box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting, it is only natural; and you have no room for hate in your heart when Jesus lives there, so LET IT GO.

Day 8: Personal, but nonetheless, I am thankful for this person!

Day 9: I am thankful for my friends.  I have the best support system on Earth, and I am beyond grateful for each person who supports me, celebrates with me, and encourages me.  

Day 10: I am grateful for my friends and 'family' from Palau and Ebeye. People in both places opened their arms to me and brought me in, loved on me, and still put forth an effort to stay connected from afar. It is a wonderful thing to know I at any point I can go back and be at home. Mesulang and Kommol Tata!




MAPLE BROWN SUGAR PUMPKIN ROLL
Recipe by Bakeaholic Mama

SERVES 10 •  PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES   TOTAL TIME: 1 ½ HOUR + CHILLING

ingredients:
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 eggs
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar

for the filling
  • 8 oz. cream cheesed, softened
  • ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • ½ tsp. vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2-4 T. (only if needed)

for the topping
  • 3 T. pure maple syrup
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • pinch of salt

directions
Visit Bakeaholic Mama HERE                                                     


COST: $7.32        COST PER SERVING (10): $0.73

8 comments:

  1. mmm! looks delicious! I love that it has brown sugar in it.
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown sugar and maple make it perfect, I think!

      Delete
  2. I still haven`t had a pumpkin roll like this either! But, I`m a pumpkin cake lover, so I KNOW I`ll enjoy this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will. It is like pumpkin from Paradise. SOOOO good!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing. And a little intimidating. What's a jelly roll pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the exact same question and had to google it ;) Basically, what I have been calling a cookie sheet all these years is really a jelly roll pan... Here's some pictures: http://bit.ly/1bUQR00

      (It looks intimidating, YES, but don't stress. Be careful when flipping the cake out, but other than that, really simple. Just takes some time.)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...