Life is like a box of chocolates, right? You never know what you are going to get inside. Or maybe life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
How about this one? Life is like a piano. What you get depends on how you play it.
Life is like a turtle. You won't get anywhere unless you stick your neck out.
My favorite? Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay the more wrinkly you get.
So, what do all these life metaphors have to do with this sandwich?
Nothing. I just like them, as I like life. And I like this sandwich. There's a whole lot of 'like' going on.
Help me finish the sentence below in the comments: Life is like...
Inspired by Everyday Food’s Pesto Chicken Burgers
SERVES 4 • PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES • TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. grilled chicken breast (from the deli section – or make your own)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 pieces of focaccia, halved
- In a food processor, puree basil, spinach, garlic, pine nuts, oil, and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sliced the chicken breasts into four flat pieces. Heat.
- Assemble sandwiches with pesto on the top and bottom slices of focaccia, chicken, tomato, and mozzarella.