Move over, marshmellows... There's a new Rice Crispy treat in town!
That's right, peanut butter & chocolate. Looks and feels like Rice Crispy treats, tastes like Lil' Debbie's Nutty Bars. Heck yes.
What do you need? Five ingredients: brown sugar, blue agave, puffed rice cereal, peanut butter, and chocolate.
I went all Trader Joe's on this one, as I should have. They are the ones who supplied me with the recipe after all. Just another reason to love them. Which I do... a lot. Make these and you will love them a little more, too. And with raw brown sugar, blue agave, and natural peanut butter, this is quite a healthy rice crispy treat.
Sure doesn't taste that way ;)
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CRISPIES
Recipe from Trader Joe’s Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup blue agave
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips *Leave the chocolate chips out to make it vegan
1. In sauce pan, mix brown sugar and agave. Bring to an almost boil, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is melted. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine crisp rice cereal with brown sugar mixture. Stir and add chocolate chips.
3. Pour into greased 13x8 baking dish. Press down with waxed paper. Put in fridge for several hours to cool, or put into freezer for one hour.