Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Wednesday Files (Spring Break)

Brother and I, being the rebel children that we are...

"Ice cream for breakfast while still in jammies at 9:30. Because it's Spring Break and I can."

That's was my FB status this morning.  And it was the truth.  


Now, if you know me, you know this is an unexpected, big deal.  Heading into Spring Break I had co-workers asking, "Where are you off to this time?"  Because usually during these two weeks (yes, two weeks, I KNOW!) we jet off to Brazil or Mexico, or SOMEWHERE.  But this time I had a different answer: "My couch.  And it will be glorious."

So far, it has been.


Now, don't get me wrong. I have actually spent very little time on my couch.  That would be pretty difficult for me to do.  I get bored way too easily.  I am a doer.  In fact, except for 30 mins of DWTS and another 30 of The Voice, I have not watched a single movie or TV show.  But I will... it is on my to-do list.


Last year Spring Break found me roaming the beaches in Ubatuba, walking down the famous squiggly-lined sidewalk of Copacabana, eating pastel and drinking suco de cana.  This year it finds me with my loved ones on an empty dock over looking an equally empty lake, feet in the water.  Browsing the aisles of Hobby Lobby for my next project.  Cooking up things I have never tried before.


As my cousin commented on the status above, "Well played."  Thank you, kind Sir.  I totally agree.

-------------------------

How are you spending (or would you spend if you don't have it) Spring Break this year?

4 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely! Sometimes staycations are just the ticket. Enjoy your break! (P.S. If I had a spring break, I would want to spend mine cooking and freezing meals! :) Not glamorous, but necessary.) -Miljoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not glamorous, but not bad AT ALL. Sounds good to me :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good staycation! For me, nothing beats time on the couch with my family (usually cooking is involved, too). This spring break, though, we decided to switch it up and my father and I went to visit his family in Florida! I hadn't seen most of them in about 10 years, so it was like meeting them for the first time. We had a few "staycation" days of just catching up over food, but balanced it out with some museum time and exploring the thrift stores of Southern Florida. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great trip! I hope you have a fabulous time getting to know them again. We love Southern Florida -- that is where we had our Honeymoon :) ENJOY!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...