Monday, May 7, 2012

A Mother's Love

Almost one year ago I had the privilege of taking maternity pictures for some of my friends.  It was the first (and only!) time I have done baby-bump photos and it is was so much fun!  Seeing as Mother's Day is just around the corner I thought I would share them with you. 




At some point we were all that little, teeny-tiny baby inside of our mother's belly, and I am sure we were already very loved.



Some of us were surprises, others of came after a period of waiting.  But I am sure that each one of us was longed for.



I am not a mom yet, so I cannot understand a lot of things my mom-friends say.  I don't personally understand the lack of sleep or the cleaning up mess after mess after mess.  I hear stories of happy pregnancies and miserable pregnancies, of easy deliveries and rough ones.  But in the end, I see every one of my friends has found a new kind of love -- one that didn't exist in her life before.




I realize that not all mothers received their children through pregnancy and delivery.  Some receive their long awaited bundle-of-joy through an adoption worker placing that baby in her arms.  And really, I don't think it matter how it comes about; a mother is a mother and her love knows no bounds.




My mom is not here anymore and I cannot wish her a Happy Mother's Day this next weekend.  But I will celebrate her and the love she gave me.  And I will celebrate the other women in my life who stepped to provide that love after my mom no longer could.


To all you moms out there, keep on loving your kids in the way only you know how.  And kids (that's all of us), love your mom.  Tell her.  And if you can't tell her, celebrate her.  She was the first to love you, and the one who loves you best.

6 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet post, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend, this was so sweet! I loved it! Now we have to take some family pictures to show how Ben is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Tiffany! Love the angles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Tiffany. It brought tears to my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a BIG fan of your blogs! You have such a fun spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...