I found this fun book in my friend's kitchen. We all know that baking and I do not have the best relationship, but I decided to try my hand at it once again. Afterall, the last time turned out to be a success. And (this being the real reason) the recipe called for "cupcakes of your choice".
Cupcakes of my choice? Easy. The kind that come from a Betty Crocker box!
Then came the new part: making something fun out of these little pieces of cake. The recipe made it look so easy: get the ingredients and make it happen.
Did I mention that I also
I kid you not.
I probably should have thought about that before I began this task.
THEIR VERSION: Cute, clean, perfect.
MY VERSION: Sloppy and awkward. Looks like that kindergartner could have beat me at this, too.
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- 2-3 boxes Junior Mints
- Bananas out of the Runts box, or (as I used) cut of Apricot Gummies
- Make the cupcakes and frost.
- Split the Oreo's in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut the remaining cookie pieces into thirds; discard the center third and set the remaining aside.
- Place the Junior mints on the Oreo's for the pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above the eyes for ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes.
- Press the yellow candies in between the eyes as the beak.